Careers at Seattle Waldorf School
Seattle Waldorf School is seeking top talent to help us realize our mission and values. We offer qualified professionals a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in a friendly, flexible, and supportive work environment. We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package — including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; travel assistance and an employee assistance program; and a 401(k) plan and generous paid time off.
We’re looking for committed, creative, and passionate people who deliver results. If you’re looking for an organization that values your integrity, individuality and expertise, Seattle Waldorf School may be the best place you’ll ever work!
Who We Are
At Seattle Waldorf School, students become creative problem-solvers — imaginative thinkers who journey toward intellectual excellence, human compassion, and artistic skill. As an independent school, Seattle Waldorf School offers a most holistic Waldorf education. Our modern curriculum is rooted in tradition — for children 18 months to 18 years. We lead students on a joyful journey that fosters critical thinking, synthesis, and creativity. We are privileged to employ some of the most highly trained Waldorf teachers in the country. Founded in Seattle in 1980, we are the only preschool through grade 12 Waldorf School in Washington.
“I longed for a school system based on creativity, freedom, and the opportunity to connect as individuals. I found just such a school at SWS…. At the high school, it feels like family, and I can’t wait to walk into these doors every day and see all of the students and colleagues that I carry in my heart.”
-High School Teacher
Open Positions for 2020 – 2021
- Grade 2 Class Teacher
- Grade 4 Class Teacher
- Upper Grades Math and Science Teacher
- Middle and High School Choir Teacher
- High School Humanities Teacher
- High School Eurythmy Teacher
Please complete our application for employment and send it along with your resume and a cover letter indicating why you are interested in Seattle Waldorf School and the position to email@example.com.
Benefits and Perquisites
Seattle Waldorf School offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package intended to support and promote the health and well-being, work/life balance, and financial security of our faculty, staff, and their families.
- Medical Insurance – Choice of two Medical Plans through Kaiser: an HMO and a PPO
- Dental Insurance – Delta Dental of Washington
- Vision Insurance – Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – ComPsych
- Short-Term Disability Insurance – Lincoln Financial
- Long-Term Disability Insurance – Lincoln Financial
- Life & AD&D Insurance – Lincoln Financial
- Travel Assistance – Lincoln Financial
- 403(b) with discretionary annual employer contribution up to 2% of pay
- 80 hours of sick and safe time leave per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30)
- Vacation Pay for Staff
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Jury/Witness Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Professional Development Support
- Relocation Assistance Depending on Need and HOS Approval
Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being
- We are an educational community working out of cooperation and mutual respect.
- We are guided by the educational philosophy and understanding of the developing human being articulated by Rudolf Steiner.
- We believe artistic activity is essential to the education of the human being.
- We cultivate wonder and curiosity through engagement with the natural world.
- We celebrate the innate reverence and joy of an unhurried and naturally developing childhood.
- We actively engage the striving adolescent in order to promote the unfolding of the free and confident adult.
Seattle Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, race, religious affiliation or lack thereof, disability, marital status, veteran status, socioeconomic status, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all matters regarding students (admissions, educational policies, financial aid programs, school-administered programs) as well as to all personnel/employee matters.