Please bookmark this page. We will update this page with information about COVID-19 as it relates to Seattle Waldorf School.
Community Support Plan
We recognize the COVID-19 crisis has impacted our community in many ways. Our daily rhythms of coming to campus have been disrupted, our concerns about the health of our family and friends are heightened, and for many, financial security and employment may be in question.
At Seattle Waldorf School we are committed to supporting our families in an equitable way during this unanticipated period of upheaval. The Board of Trustees and school leadership have developed a Community Support Plan, which includes temporarily deferring or reducing tuition payments. These funds are separate from, and in addition to, those offered annually through our Financial Aid program, and are intended to meet short-term periods of hardship resulting from the economic repercussions of COVID-19.
We encourage any family who has been impacted by the current financial downturn to contact us using this form. We are ready to provide support that will help ensure all students at SWS continue to benefit from the educational experience and caring community we offer.
Information you may be asked to provide includes:
- Explanation of change in circumstances
- Letter from state unemployment agency
- Layoff notice from employer
- Current Profit & Loss statement for business owners
If you have any questions, please contact CommunitySupport@seattlewaldorf.org.
- Announcement of school closure starting March 12 (March 11, 2020)
- Message to the Seattle Waldorf School Community (March 11, 2020)
- Message to the Seattle Waldorf School Community (March 8, 2020)
- Message to the Seattle Waldorf School Community (March 6, 2020)
- Message to the Seattle Waldorf School Community (March 4, 2020)
- Message to the Seattle Waldorf School Community (March 1, 2020)
- Message to the Seattle Waldorf School Community (February 26, 2020)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Washington State Department of Health (DoH)
- Public Health – Seattle and King County
King County COVID-19 Updates (this page lists updates and includes a link to sign up for free email alerts)
- World Health Organization
- How to Help Your Child Wear a Mask
- Guidelines for Gatherings of Children and Youth While Schools Are Closed
- New COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations: How Do These Affect Schools?
- Coronavirus Basics: A Medical Expert Gives Us a Foundation for Understanding
- Public Health Recommendations to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus
- How to talk to children about difficult news
- Explaining the News to Our Kids
- How to Talk to Kids About the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus