Parent & Infant Program
The Joyful Beginnings program provides parents and caregivers of infants, as well as expectant parents, with the opportunity to deepen their intuitive awareness of their child’s development in a nurturing environment.
Each class starts with tea and a warm snack as parents and caregivers converse and learn about the Waldorf philosophy to discover new ways of being with and understanding their child. Topics include: the role of daily rhythms, the child’s senses, the importance of movement in a child’s development, and the role of imitation. Time is spent quietly contemplating and observing the babies as they engage with their surroundings. Parents and caregivers learn songs, lullabies, and games that will engage and soothe their infants. Classes also include opportunities for informal conversation and a chance to share the joys and challenges of the week.
- Each session meets once a week for 15 weeks, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. on Fridays.
- Fall Session meets September through mid-January.
- Spring Session meets late January through early June.
- Price: $600 per session.
- Expecting parents are encouraged to attend.
- Follow this link to register.
- Follow this link to see the class schedule.