Parent & Tot
The First Steps
For children ages 12 months to 3 years accompanied by a parent, grandparent or caregiver, classes are one day per week for two hours.
- The morning begins with free-play, allowing the children to engage their imaginations in our warm and inviting classroom.
- The healthy rhythm of the day supports the children’s sense of familiarity and security, with ample opportunities to learn about social graces with parents and teacher nearby.
- Teachers tell stories that engage the children with puppets or marionettes.
- A nutritious snack is prepared and eaten together.
- Each child bakes a bun to take home at the end of the morning.
- Rain or shine, the morning ends with outdoor adventures in our yard, where the little ones are captivated by the beauty of nature and their explorations provide rich sensory experiences.
- During class, parents engage in quiet handcrafts and meal preparation, while their children play nearby.
- Throughout the year, parent education evenings give parents and teachers an opportunity to discuss child development, parenting issues and Waldorf education. As part of each parent evening, parents engage in a group craft activity before saying goodnight.
When and Where?
Fall Session: September – January
Spring Session: January – June
Meadowbrook Campus (Seattle)
Contact us for more information about the 2019-2020 registration process.
Fall Session: $525-$595
Spring Session: $560-$595
Both Fall + Spring Sessions: $1,120-$1,190
$50 discount applies when paid in full at time of registration.