Parent & Tot
The First Steps
For children ages 12 months to 3 years accompanied by a parent, grandparent or caregiver, classes are one day per week for two hours.
- The morning begins with free-play, allowing the children to engage their imaginations in our warm and inviting space, the Nest.
- The healthy rhythm of the day supports the children’s sense of familiarity and security, with ample opportunities to learn about social graces with parents and teacher nearby.
- Teachers tell stories that engage the children with puppets or marionettes.
- A nutritious snack is prepared and eaten together.
- Each child bakes a bun to take home at the end of the morning.
- Rain or shine, the morning ends with outdoor adventures in our yard, where the little ones are captivated by the beauty of nature and their explorations provide rich sensory experiences.
- During class, parents engage in quiet handcrafts and meal preparation, while their children play nearby.
- Throughout the year, parent education evenings give parents and teachers an opportunity to discuss child development, parenting issues and Waldorf education. As part of each parent evening, parents engage in a group craft activity before saying goodnight.
When and Where?
Session 1: September – Mid-January
Session 2: Mid-January – June
Classes meet two hours one morning per week at our Meadowbrook and Three Cedars campuses.
Fees range from $560-$595, depending on length of session.
NOTE: Parents can sign up for fall or spring sessions or for the full year. Families who register and pay for the full year receive a $50 discount.