Vision & Values
Creating Tomorrow’s Leaders
A New Kind of Thinker
Progress calls for new ideas, fresh perspectives and an abundance of imagination.
Seattle Waldorf School is building the character and creative intellect of tomorrow’s leaders.
- We believe our students are holistic beings of mind, body and spirit.
- We believe in cultivating a child’s academic knowledge, artistic capabilities and practical worldly skills in an experiential curriculum.
- We put a premium on exploration, passion and individuality vs. reducing student achievement to a percentage or standardized assessment.
- We believe that rigorous academics must be imbued with spirit and joy, and that inspiration outshines memorization.
- We believe in a new kind of thinker—one who sees possibility where others see limits, who solves problems with empathy and creativity, and who shines with unquenchable curiosity.
The role of Professional Development at SWS.
SWS alumna/Oxford graduate student speaks about learning science at SWS.
A look at science at SWS.
Explore the outdoor learning environment at SWS.
Get to know our school.