Mission & Values
- We are an educational community working out of cooperation and mutual respect.
- We are guided by the educational philosophy and understanding of the developing human being articulated by Rudolf Steiner.
- We believe artistic activity is essential to the education of the human being.
- We cultivate wonder and curiosity through engagement with the natural world.
- We celebrate the innate reverence and joy of an unhurried and naturally developing childhood.
- We actively engage the striving adolescent in order to promote the unfolding of the free and confident adult.
Creating Tomorrow’s Leaders
We live in a time of rapid change. What is innovative today will be obsolete tomorrow. At Seattle Waldorf, a new kind of thinker sees possibility where others see only limits.
A New Kind of Thinker
Progress calls for new ideas, fresh perspectives and an abundance of imagination.
Seattle Waldorf School is building the character and creative intellect of tomorrow’s leaders.
- We believe our students are holistic beings of mind, body and spirit.
- We believe in cultivating a child’s academic knowledge, artistic capabilities and practical worldly skills in an experiential curriculum.
- We put a premium on exploration, passion and individuality vs. reducing student achievement to a percentage or standardized assessment.
- We believe that rigorous academics must be imbued with spirit and joy, and that inspiration outshines memorization.
- We believe in a new kind of thinker—one who sees possibility where others see limits, who solves problems with empathy and creativity, and who shines with unquenchable curiosity.
The role of Professional Development at SWS.
SWS alumna/Oxford graduate student speaks about learning science at SWS.